The Board of Directors of the MMTA is comprised of employees of MMTA Member companies, who stand for election and serve on a voluntary basis. The MMTA is a company incorporated in England and Wales, and the MMTA Board Members are Directors. Members of the Board of Directors are the driving force of the Association and oversee its activities.
Members of the MMTA Board of Directors:
- James Peer, Maritime House Ltd (Chair)
- Simon Boon, Firth Rixson Ltd (Vice-Chair)
- Volker Mertens, Womet GmbH (Treasurer)
- Will Parry-Jones, Amalgamated Metal Corp. Plc
- Sam Carne, Darton Commodities Ltd
- David Gussack, Exotech Inc
- Gregory Buchheit, F W Hempel Metallurgical GmbH
- Noah Lehrman, Hudson Metal & Alloy LLC
- Chris Edler, Lambert Metals International Ltd
- Suzannah Lipmann, Lipmann Walton & Co Ltd
- Donald Lambert, Penningtons Manches Solicitors LLP
- Shaun Walton, Westbrook Resources Ltd
- Laura Bell, Wogen Resources
The MMTA Board creates Sub-Committees and Task Forces to assist it with specific identified tasks. Members of MMTA Sub-Committees and Task Forces normally have expertise in a particular field. The Board is able to give direction to the work of the Sub-Committees by defining goals and moving projects forward.
As well as undertaking valuable work for the benefit of the MMTA and its Members, those who serve on the MMTA Board, Sub-Committees and Task Forces benefit from networking and have the opportunity of building and maintaining lasting relationships with their peers, as well as developing their skills and knowledge of the metals industry as a whole.
The MMTA believes in small, effective Sub-Committees, drawn from a number of member companies. Anyone interested in becoming more involved should make this known to the Executive Team.
To contact any Member of the Board or Sub-Committees, please contact the Executive Team.