The Main Committee of the MMTA is comprised of employees of MMTA member companies who stand for election and serve on an unpaid basis. MMTA is a company incorporated in England and Wales, and the Main Committee members are Directors. Members of this committee are the driving force of the Association and oversee its activities.
Main Committee members:
- Roy Walton, Darton Commodities (Chair)
- Sarah Frigot, Wogen Resources (Vice Chair)
- James Peer, Maritime House Ltd (Treasurer)
- Phil Simmons, Aon Risk Solutions
- David Craik, Amalgamated Metal Corp. Plc
- Michael Ihlenfeld, F W Hempel Metallurgical GmbH
- Donald Lambert, Penningtons Solicitors LLP
- Noah Lehrman, Hudson Metals Corp.
- Volker Mertens, Womet GmbH
- Steven Munnoch, Avon Metals Ltd
- Simon Boon, Firth Rixson Ltd
- Chris Edler, Lambert Metals International
- David Gussack, Exotech Inc
The Main Committee creates Sub-Committees and Task Forces to assist it with specific identified tasks. Members of MMTA Sub-Committees and Task Forces normally have expertise in a particular field. The Main Committee is able to give direction to the work of the Sub-Committees by defining and moving projects forward.
As well as undertaking valuable work for the benefit of the MMTA and its Members, those who serve on the Main Committee, Sub-Committees and Task Forces benefit from networking and have the opportunity of building and maintaining lasting relationships with their peers, as well as developing their skills and knowledge of the metals industry as a whole.
The MMTA believes in small, effective Sub-Committees, drawn from a number of member companies. Anyone interested in becoming more involved should make this known to the Executive.
To contact any member of the Main or Sub-Committees, please contact the Executive.
MMTA News and Events
- MMTA Christmas Lunch - Last Few Tickets!
- MMTA New York Dinner
- Penningtons and Manches combine to create 115 partner law firm
- New MMTA Member Confirmed - Noble Group Ltd
- MMTA Members Donate to Rotary International's ShelterBoxes in Support of Philippines Disaster Victims
- New MMTA Member Confirmed - Terra Commodities LLC
- New Approved MMTA Warehouse Location
- Photos of the MMTA's 40th Anniversary Dinner Now Available
- MMTA Issues Sampling Guidelines
- October's Edition of the Crucible is Online
Join the MMTA today and enjoy the benefits of being part of the world's largest trade association focussed exclusively on minor metals.